Prof. Germano Guerra experimental activity was focused on morfological and biomolecular aspects of otorhinolaryngological, respiratory, cardiovascular and female reproductive tract gaining extensive experience with the use of in vitro cell culture, histological, histochemical and immunofluorescence microscopy techniques. During his PhD Program at Cancer Research UK he gained extensive experience in molecular biology as well studying morphopathological and molecular features of colon cancer.
Actually Prof. Guerra laboratory staff is carrying on several projects listed below:
1) EPC (Endothelial Progenitors Cells) involvement in vascular remodelling of normal tissues and several solid tumors.
2) Role of EPC (Endothelial Progenitors Cells) in pathogenesis of several rheumatic diseases.
3) Ca2+ Signalling in Endothelial Progenitor Cells.
4) Stim and Orai proteins role in anticancer therapy.
5) Pathogenic Role of Associated Adherent-Invasive Escherichia Coli in Crohn’s disease.
6) Role of alpha-tocopherol acetate in treatment of skin bedsores and nasal mucosa diseases.
7) The hallucinogenic diterpene salvinorin A involvement in several experimental models of inflammation.
8) Molecular Mechanisms of Helicobacter Pylori Pathogenesis.
9) FPRL (Formyl-peptide Receptors) transactivation in experimental models of cancer.
10) In Vivo Near-Infrared Fluorescence Imaging of Aqueous Humor Outflow Structures and unconventional Aqueous Humor Outflow ways.